Some Obamacare news:
CBO Testimony Echoes Insurers’ Claims About Cuts to Medicare Advantage Program.
46 Liberal Dems - Medicare plus 5 or no go.
Senator Carper: Read the bill, are you kidding me?
Pew Poll: Americans increasingly pro-life but 4 in 10 don't know Obama's position on it, while Catholic bishops skeptical of costly and pro-abortion Obamacare provisons.
Keep your eye on the vapor bill. Heritage blogs the Democrats' game plan:
Here is what we know. Sources on K Street and on Capitol Hill have confirmed the following scenario:
1. Senate staffers from the Senate Finance Committee and the Senate HELP (Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee) are in the process of writing the bill RIGHT NOW that the Senate will consider the second full week of October;
2. Senator Reid will have to move to proceed to a House passed tax measure to avoid a “Blue Slip” problem. The term blue slip describes the procedure the House uses to stop the Senate from originating a tax bill. The Constitution states “All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives.” The House passed tax measures that are on the Senate Calendar are as follows:
- H.R. 1664 The AIG Bonus Bill;
- H.R. 2751 A tax bill promoting fuel efficient cars;
- H.R. 2454 House passed Global Warming bill; and,
- Any other tax measure that comes from the House in the next few days.
3. Senator Reid uses all the procedural tactics in his toolbox to shut down debate and control the Amendment process to get this Senate debate completed by the end of October. They can add the Public Option as an amendment on the Senate floor with a simple majority if they have the will.
Our sources further tell us that moderate Democrats are experiencing heartburn over the cost aspect of the bill. If the bill gets a big score from the Congressional Budget Office, moderate Democrats in the Senate are going to rebel. Also, the “Read the Bill” movement in the heartland is having an effect inside the halls of the Capitol. This bill is going to come back over to the House and they are going to have to consider taking up and passing the Senate passed bill or bounce it back to the House. Worst case scenario, a bill may be on the President’s desk by November 1st, because the House will have the opportunity to take up and pass the Senate passed bill to get it to the President.
Well, here it comes folks. Consider the serious violations of basic ethical governance happening right now in the Senate’s mad rush to pass ObamaCare:
- The outrageous and unseemly refusal of the Senate under Reid and the Baucus Senate Finance Committee to properly write legislative language and allow people to read bills before voting on it
- The comments of Sen Carper, Sen Kerry and others laughing at the very suggestion that Senators read bills
- The refusal to take the time to get the bill scored by CBO for cost … so that the Senate and House will quickly pass THE LARGEST EXPANSION OF GOVERNMENT IN DECADES WITHOUT EVENT A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF ITS ACTUAL COST ESTIMATE!
- The bait-and-switch of voting provisions down in committee and using the ‘nuclear option’ of reconciliation to get public option passed
Where are the ‘good Government’ liberals on this horrendous act of sausage making?