Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Support Congressman McCaul

I first met Michael McCaul during the 2004 Republican Party Primary election cycle. This was right after redistricting created an oblong-shaped district that ran from Pflugerville to Katy. There were at least eight candidates vying to become our Congressman then, including Michael McCaul, John Devine, Ben Struesand, and Dave Phillips, among others. I had the privelege to meet all of these candidates then while I was working with Young Conservatives of Texas on their endorsement process.

After interviewing all of the candidates in January and February of 2004, I came to the conclusion that Michael McCaul was the best choice for representation in Congress and recommended Young Conservatives of Texas to endorse him then. I have the same conclusions now as I did in 2004.

(More...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

McCaul deserves re-election, but another thing: McCaul's opponent is a say-anything trial lawyer and that worries me. Trail lawyers are lower than snake feces in my book, and a big time trial lawyer, Fred Baron, is bankrolling most of the Democrat candidates in the state. Fred Baron also gave money to John Edwards' mistress as hush money. I dont know if Fred Baron is behind Doherty, but I heard an ad saying Fred Baron money is backing another Democrat Donnie Dippel.

We should keep trial lawyers away from public office, they are slicker than a greased salmon. They tend to be great at selling themselves for office but horrible at serving the people.