Sunday, October 19, 2008

Down Ballot Spotlight: Reasons I Support Jerry Mikus




I have had the privilege of getting to know Jerry Mikus over the past couple of months during this year’s campaign. Jerry is a candidate for State Representative in District 50, which covers north and northwest Travis County. When Jerry talks to people, he speaks from his heart, which is the main reason that I support him. Jerry is not the mouth-piece for a consultant or for a special interest group. Jerry’s special interest is the people of north Austin in the Texas Legislature.

I recently asked Jerry some questions that will philosophically define him as a common sense conservative. These are questions that I, as a taxpayer and citizen of Texas, am concerned about. These are questions that help to define the future direction of our country on a local, state, and federal level. Jerry agrees with me on a number of these issues, which is why I support him.

I urge every voter in Texas House District 50 to support Jerry Mikus in his bid to become our representative. His common sense conservative views are shared by the majority of the people in our district.

(More...)

No comments: