Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Will KBH's Senate Resignation be a Smart Move?

Reading yet another second-guessing poll result about Palin's resignation as Governor made me contemplate a better question: Will KBH's Senate Resignation be a Smart Move?

I previously predicted against conventional wisdom and her previous hints that Senator Kay wouldn't resign. I also said Sen Watson would run statewide. Oops. My crystal ball is being thrown in the trash. My logic was that KBH wouldn't be helped electorally by resigning and was not likely to win in a primary run against Perry anyway. Clearly, she's using resigning as an 'all in' move, which helps by bringing her full-time back to Texas, while losing a Senate platform. Smart move? Beats me, I lost my crystal ball.

1 comment:

MJSamuelson said...

She hasn't announced that she's resigning, so your crystal ball might not be broken!

She isn't required by law to resign if she declares that she's running for a different office. In all technicality, she could wait until the day she is inaugurated as governor, if she makes that far.