Thursday, April 19, 2012

Time for real change in the Travis County Tax Assessor-Collector office

I have had a chance to meet most of the Republican candidates running in Travis County, and I think we've got a strong line-up this year.  I'm hoping to write about all the races more in the coming weeks, and I thought I'd start with one of the county-wide races. 

Vik Vad is the Republican running for Travis County Tax Assessor-Collector.  This is an open seat this year, with the lamentable Nelda Wells Spears having finally calling it quits.  Vik is an Austin native and a successful entrepreneur who has also worked in real estate, having first-hand experience with the issues the Tax Assessor's office deals with daily. 

I believe Vik is best person to represent the interests of taxpayers in Travis County.  The office has a largely administrative function, and efficiency is a key factor.  He's focused on integrity and running the office as he would a business - and fortunately, Vik Vad has had experience in the private sector with small businesses.

You can read more about Vik on his website.

It is thrilling to me to know we have young talent in Austin like Vik Vad, and I look forward to seeing what he could accomplish in this vital role in our county.


(cross-posted from Blue Dot Blues)

No comments: