Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lamar Smith Supports Religious Liberty, but Will He Do Anything about It


Austin area Congressman Lamar Smith replies to my letter regarding the protection of religious liberty from the unconstitutional healthcare laws instituted by the Obama administration:


Dear Mr. Gimenez,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your opinion regarding Department of Health and Human Services regulations and the conscience rights of health care providers. I appreciate hearing from you.
We agree that all citizens should be free to practice their religious beliefs without fear of employment discrimination.
H.R. 1179, the Respect for Rights of Conscience Act, amends the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to protect rights of conscience with regard to requirements for coverage of specific items and services. This bill has been referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, of which I am not a member.
Please be assured that I will have your views in mind as this bill progresses through the legislative process.
For more information on my work in Congress or to send me an electronic message, please visit the 21st District's website, http://lamarsmith.house.gov.
Sincerely,
Lamar Smith
Member of Congress



1 comment:

Lawrence Person said...

Correction: While Lamar Smith's district does extend into Austin, he actually lives in San Antonio.